Each month Elizabeth Hayden, Corona local, and Farmers' Market Expert will feature ABC Hopes produce items and delicious recipes. Try out her recipes and let us know about your experience at your local Farmers' Market.
ABOUT OUR MARKETS
We are accomplishing our mission by training our participants to manage and operate a produce stand at two of our local farmers’ markets; selling produce they have grown or harvested from the local community. At the markets our Hopers practice many skills, such as: money management and social interaction. Come visit us, see our locations below.
Corona Main Street Farmers Market
Located at the Corona Mall, Northwest corner of Main St. and Sixth St.
Saturdays, Hrs: 8:30am - 12:30pm
201 Center St. Promenade, Anaheim CA 92805
Thursdays, Hrs: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Easy Avocado Pasta
12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed (or leftover fresh corn)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, cherry tomatoes and corn.
- Serve immediately.
1 navel orange
1 ruby red grapefruit
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon green-olive tapenade
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Using a sharp knife, peel the orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime, removing all of the white pith. Working over a strainer set over a bowl, cut in between the membranes and release the citrus sections into the strainer. Squeeze the membranes over the bowl to extract as much of the juice as possible. Whisk the olive oil and tapenade into the juice. Cut the citrus sections into 1/2-inch pieces and add them to the dressing, along with the red onion and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
The salsa can be refrigerated overnight.
Excellent on grilled fish, pork roast/chop or spring greens